The Active and Health Communities category supports:
- Local projects that promote collaboration and resource sharing among groups.
- The development of new or expanding existing programs and activities for example craft workshops, walking groups, community engagement programs or formal and informal sport and leisure activities.
- The purchase of project related equipment/materials e.g.: purchase of printer, materials for workshops and/or project costs such as printing, facility hire, consumables.
- Building more capable community groups for example committee of management training, leadership/skill development and/or volunteer development and/or skills training initiatives that will increase the efficiency of volunteer roles and responsibilities.
- Provision of essential equipment with priority given to safety equipment e.g. defibrillator, safety padding.
The project should be free or low cost for the community to attend.
Applicants must keep a record/register of volunteer involvement and audience attendance at all activities associated with the project and submit with the project acquittal report.
To be eligible for funding under the Community Grants Program, applicants must be:
- A not for profit community group, organisation or club that is incorporated, or
- An unincorporated not for profit community group, organisation or club only if they have a Community Planning Reference Group (also known as Community Action Group) or an incorporated body that is willing to act as auspice for the application.
Amount (max): $5,000
Total pool: undisclosed
For more information, guidelines and to apply please click here.
Participation grant applications close on 31 October 2021.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact (03) 5831 8456 or firstname.lastname@example.org