$300,000 is available to support African and Pasifika young people to participate in sports competitions and events to foster a sense of belonging and create pathways to mentoring, training and employment opportunities.
The Victorian Government’s African and Pasifika Youth Sports Program supports informal sports teams to participate in competitions and events in partnership with local councils and community organisations.
Funded programs must be delivered between 1 July and 31 December 2021.
Available Grants/Funding Categories
- Up to $2,000 for uniforms and equipment
- Up to $30,000 to support participation in sports games, competitions and events
- Available to African and Pasifika sports teams supported through local government and community organisations.
To be eligible for funding your team must:
- live in Victoria
- have African and/or Pasifika young people aged 12-25 as participants
- hold activities in a safe and inclusive environment.
The following are not eligible:
- applications for individual young people
- primary or secondary school sport and recreation clubs
- university or TAFE sport clubs that participate in inter-school competitions
- activities requiring young people to register as a member or to pay membership or other fees.
Who can apply?
Informal sports teams – sports teams that are not affiliated with a club or association – can apply for a grant in Categories 1 and 2; however in order to receive funding they must enter into support arrangement with a council or community organisation that meets the criteria in the grant guidelines.
Local government and community organisations – can apply for or support an informal sports team if they meet the criteria to be funded through a service agreement with DFFH.
Commercial organisations or bodies established for profit-making purposes cannot apply for a grant from the African and Pasifika Youth Sports Program.
How to apply
Step 1: Read the grant guidelines to make sure your team and project are eligible
Step 2: Consider the assessment criteria in terms of your project
Step 3: Discuss your application by contacting Mark Hobbs, Manager of Community Support and Coordination on 0400 536 628
Step 4: Complete and submit this application form by 11:59pm on 19 May 2021. Your application will be submitted to the Office for Youth, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
For more information, please click here.
Applications close: 11:59pm Wednesday 19 May
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact (03) 5831 8456 or firstname.lastname@example.org