Applications for the 2020-21 Round of the Athlete Pathway Grants Program are now open!
|Category 2: Victorian Sport and Recreation Clubs|
|Who can apply: Victorian sport and recreation clubs|
What can clubs apply for?
Clubs can apply for on behalf of emerging athletes (individuals or teams) to assist with the costs of travel and accommodation costs to train or compete at events that contribute to their development within their sporting pathway. Clubs can also apply for funding for coaches and officials to assist with the costs of travel to carry out official duties at events. In addition, some athlete development items will be eligible for funding this round.
How many grants can organisations apply for?
Organisations are eligible to apply for up to two grants in any round. Grants of up to $2000 are available for teams with a maximum of $500 per team member; and/or Grants of up to $750 for individuals. Eligibility does not guarantee success.
Travel dates for category 2: This round covers travel commencing between 7 April 2021 to 31 December 2021 and is available for use over a 12 month period.
Sport and Recreation Victoria recognises that due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) travel may be restricted, which is why some additional athlete development items are eligible for funding this round only. They include:
- competition entry and registration fees
- online training/development programs
- venue hire fees (funding for athletes who pay the expense themselves)
- state representation fees for training camps and/or competitions
- club membership fees with affiliated sport
- small equipment purchases to enable athlete to keep training
- specialist coach training fees
- sports psychologist fees
- sports medical/physiotherapy fees
- sports nutrition courses.
Applications close: 5.00pm, 6 April 2021
For guidelines and to apply now, visit: http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/athlete-pathway-travel-grants-program