2021-22 Community Grants program is open for the month of June 2021. Shire residents are encouraged to apply for a grant of up to $5000 in this round of grants which will close on June 30.
The Active Healthy Communities category supports:
• Local projects that promote collaboration and resource sharing among groups.
• The development of new or expanding existing programs and activities for example craft
workshops, walking groups, community engagement programs or formal and informal sport and leisure activities.
• The purchase of project related equipment/materials e.g.: purchase of printer, materials for workshops and/or project costs such as printing, facility hire, consumables.
• Building more capable community groups for example committee of management training, leadership/skill development and/or volunteer
development and/or skills training initiatives that will increase the efficiency of volunteer roles and responsibilities.
• Provision of essential equipment with priority given to safety equipment e.g. defibrillator, safety
padding. The project should be free or low cost for the community to attend. Applicants must keep a record/ register of volunteer involvement and audience attendance at all activities associated with the project and submit with the project acquittal report.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding under the Community Grants Program, applicants must be: A not for profit community group, organisation or club that is incorporated.
An unincorporated not for profit community group, organisation or club only if they have a Community Planning Reference Group (also known as Community Action Group) or an incorporated body that is willing to act as auspice for the application.