Strathbogie Shire Council’s Community Grants contribute funds to projects that align with the 2021-2025 Council Plan bringing people together to connect, collaborate, celebrate, upskill, share resources, and put ideas into action.
Succesful outcomes of funded projects may include, for example, social connection, inclusion, health, wellbeing, safety, community arts, positive cultural or environmental outcomes, economic development, and increased visitor economy.
- Community Strengthening Grants – up to $10,000
- These grants support local community groups and creatives to implement accessible community projects that they design and deliver. It focuses on people and social connection; building community capacity around the principles of respect and equality; and locally led responses to opportunities and needs. These grants support larger projects that will be completed within the financial year.
- Quick Response Grants – up to $1,000
- Like the Community Strengthening grant, these grants contribute funds towards accessible community-led projects but give you more flexibility to respond to currently presenting opportunities and/or needs. These grants support smaller, spontaneous projects that can be completed within three months.
- Community Conversations – January 26th
- The Community Conversations- January 26 grants support one facilitated community discussion per township on how the local community wants to navigate January 26th into the future. The funds can only be used for facilitator fees, community engagement activities, and/or venue hire to support a facilitated community discussion event.
Incorporated groups based in Strathbogie Shire, or unincorporated not-for-profit groups based in Strathbogie Shire auspiced by an appropriate incorporated association with:
- a minimum $20,000,000 Public Liability Insurance
- an ABN