Available Grants/Funding Categories
- Stream 1 – grants for state sporting associations, regional sports assemblies and academies and other state sport and recreational bodies (now closed)
- Stream 2 – in Round 3, grants of up to $2,500 are available for associations and leagues and grants of up to $1,500 are available for individual clubs and community sporting and active recreation organisations that have not previously received funding from this program. Previous grant recipients will be paid an automatic top-up grant from June 2021, provided they still meet the program eligibility criteria – these organisations will not need to submit a new application to receive this top-up grant. Top-up grant amounts are $1,500 for associations and leagues and $750 for clubs
To be eligible for funding, organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Be an association or league (including entities representing regions or districts) that is financially affiliated with a recognised SSA or SSRB OR a club or community organisation delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria OR if a for-profit club be financially affiliated with a recognised SSA or SSRB.
- Be a community organisation that is a non-government body and registered as an incorporated association at the time of application and for the duration of the funding OR a for-profit club that possesses an Australian Business Number or Australian Company Number.
- Adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code or their relevant SSA’s code of conduct/member protection policy, which incorporates the Fair Play Code. Further information about this code can be found on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website <www.sport.vic.gov.au/publications-and-resources/community-sport-resources/fair-play-code>.
- Comply with the expectations of the Victorian Anti-doping Policy 2012. Further information about this policy can be found on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website <www.sport.vic.gov.au/publications-and-resources/integrity-sport/anti-doping>.
- Have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants previously received from Sport and Recreation Victoria to the satisfaction of the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (the Department). Implement and maintain policies relating to member protection and child safe standards.
Who can apply?
Target organisations for this survival Program are:
- Associations and Leagues – associations and leagues affiliated with recognised State Sporting Associations (SSA) or State Sport and Recreation Bodies (SSRB) who administer programs and competitions. An association or league must be comprised of member clubs and administer the competition between these clubs over the course of a season.
- Not-for-profit Clubs – sport and active recreation clubs and organisations throughout Victoria that are not-for-profit, incorporated associations and delivering recreational, instructional and/or competitive physical activity opportunities to community participants.
- For-profit Clubs – sport and active recreation clubs and organisations throughout Victoria that are affiliated with recognised SSAs or SSRBs and delivering recreational, instructional and/or competitive physical activity opportunities to community participants.
How to apply
Stream 2 – Clubs, community sport and active recreation organisations, associations and leagues that have not yet received funding under the program may apply using the relevant application form below:
For more information, please click here.
Applications close: 18 May 2021
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact (03) 5831 8456 or email@example.com