To the Goulburn Valley Community Sport & Active Recreation sector and our partners,
Re: Covid-19 & Valley Sport programs and service delivery
In line with the changing expert medical & health advice, Valley Sport has been slowly adjusting and winding back our service delivery, community programs & capacity building activities for the past week. We recognise that as a community sport community and a lead organisation within that we have a role to play to help reduce the transmission and spread of Covid-19.
Considering the most recent developments in relation to Covid-19, we are advising of specific adjustments that we’ve implemented across our suite of programs effective as of Midday March 20 2020. These are:
- All community sport & active recreation programs are cancelled until further notice;
- All group capacity building activities – workshops, training courses etc will be postponed and rescheduled
- All other business & service delivery activities are under constant review and will be adjusted as needed based on the expert medical & health advice.
As a whole community we are working through a very unique and challenging situation, much of what we’re trying to plan for and respond to as a community is uncertain which brings with it a level of anxiety which is understandable. Ultimately, we need to be guided by the expert medical & health advice and implement actions for the benefit of our community’s health & wellbeing.
As an organisation, in collaboration with our Regional Sport Victoria colleagues, our two priorities through this period are:
- Supporting the Goulburn Valley Sport & Active Recreation sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong as a position as possible; and,
- Doing everything we can to encourage Goulburn Valley residents to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is more important than ever.
For each of our programs and business areas, the implications of this are:
SRV Together More Active Program (Club Support)
VicHealth Regional Sport Program (Social & Modified Sport Programs)
ADF GoodSports Program
Collectively as a Valley Sport team we are looking at other options of delivery and are reviewing the situation daily. We will keep our Goulburn Valley Sporting Community as well as our project partners informed as the situation changes.
Please contact our team with any questions that you may have as we are available via phone, email or online meetings during the social distancing period. We will be publishing a community sport information page shortly which we will endeavour to keep up to date with the relevant community sport recommendations that are both sport specific, and relevant to our seven Goulburn Valley Local Government Areas.
I hope everyone stays positive through the unprecedented times ahead, Sport and Recreation will return when it is safe to do so. I would also like to thank you in anticipation of your continued support with our programs and services.
Executive Officer | Valley Sport