The Golf Scholarship Program is a Victorian Government funding program to support the sport of golf in Victoria, by providing annual scholarships in three categories to encourage people to pursue careers in the golf industry. Candidates for the Golf Scholarship Program are to be nominated by sector-based organisations, local government authorities, regional sports academies or recognised higher education institutions.
A minimum of two scholarships per category will be awarded in each round of applications. In each category, at least one scholarship will be awarded to a woman, gender diverse or non-binary person. Individuals who identify as a woman, gender diverse and non-binary are strongly encouraged to apply.
In order to be eligible for a Golf Scholarship, nominated candidates must:
- be aged 18 years or over
- live in Victoria
- be currently involved in either a paid or volunteer capacity in the golf industry in Victoria
- apply through an organisation, not as an individual.
Applications can be submitted by:
- Golf Australia and its Victorian affiliates, including community golf clubs
- Tertiary institutions located in Victoria
- Local Government Authorities located in Victoria
- Professional Golfers Association of Australia
- Australian Ladies Professional Golf
- Australian Sports Turf Managers Association
- Victorian Golf Course Superintendents Association
- Society of Australian Golf Course Architects
- Victorian Regional Sports Academies
- Applicants must be aware that it is a requirement of this grant that if an institution has been named in an application or receives a Notice of Redress Liability, they must join or intend to join the National Redress Scheme (the Scheme). For more information on the Scheme.
Golf administration up to value of $7,500
Golf athlete (amateur or professional) up to value of $7,500
Horticulture/golf course design/architecture, up to value of $7,500
For more information, please click here.
Applications close: 17 February 2022
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact (03) 5831 8456 or firstname.lastname@example.org