- Applications to join the first Greater Shepparton Active Women and Girls Network are now open.
- The Network will work with local community partners and change makers to ensure a tailored, supportive, and local approach is taken to increasing Gender Equity and elevating the voices of women and girls in Sport.
- A series of networking sessions will be held in 2023 with exact times, dates and locations to be confirmed.
What is the Network
The Network will provide a safe, open, and inclusive environment that gives a voice to a diverse range of women, girls, and their advocates within the greater Shepparton region. This will be an opportunity to meet and work together to address, improve and trial innovative, approaches that aim to improve sport and recreation participation for women and girls. As well as better the current experiences that females are already involved in.
The Network not only targets on-field/active participation, but also involvement in all levels of sport administration, leadership, education, and social sport participation.
Applications to join the network are open to all genders, backgrounds, demographics, sporting codes and recreation settings, however, applicants must:
- Live, work or play in Greater Shepparton City Council catchment area.
- Be Aged 16 and over.
- Hold or be willing to obtain a Current working with children’s check.
- Commit to attend all 4 networking sessions.
We are especially looking to create a diverse and inclusive network that aims to represent our whole community and anyone who identifies with any of the following groups is highly encouraged to apply.
- Girls 16-25
- Women 25+
- Women 65+
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Male champions/advocates
- Person with a disability