Moira Shire Council is seeking groups who are interested in hosting events or activities for International Day of People with Disability on 3 December 2021 within their town or district.
Eligible organisations can apply for a grant for up to $500 to run an event celebrating International Day of People with Disability. Applications need to be completed and submitted by 10am on Tuesday 16 November 2021. Limited funding is available.
ALL applications are to be submitted through SmartyGrants, an approval notiﬁcation will be forwarded to each of the successful applicants and funds will be distributed accordingly.
- The event will need to meet current health guidelines in association with Covid;
- It is to be developed, facilitated and delivered by the applicant;
- It should be FREE, inclusive and accessible and reach a minimum of 20 people;
- The event must align with the International Day of People with Disability theme – “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-Covid-19 world”;
- We ask that you include the Moira Shire Council and the IDPWD logo on all promotional material for the event;
- We encourage you to take photos of staff and attendees and share to your organisation’s social media pages using the following hashtags: #IDPwD and #moirashirecouncil or send your photos via Facebook Messenger to Moira Shire Council to have them added to the Council’s Facebook page.
For more information about International Day of People with Disability, please visit https://www.idpwd.com.au/ or https://www.idpwd.com.au/get-involved/communities/ to download the Information Kit.
Please follow this link to start you application in Smarty Grants https://moira.smartygrants.com.au/IDPwD
For assistance with your application please contact the Moira Shire Council, Recreation, Health & Culture team on (03) 5871 9222.