Valley Sport are excited to offer a Project Officer position, available for immediate start:
- The position has flexibility to negotiate hours that better suit your needs either Part Time or Full Time.
- Position may range from 0.6 to 1.0 EFT (21 up to 35 hours per week, to be negotiated with successful applicants)
- Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2024 with possibility of extension post this date subject to ongoing funding being secured.
- The role would predominately be working out of the Shepparton office however hybrid working conditions can be negotiated with the successful applicants to reduce travel requirements to attend the office regularly.
The Project Officer is primarily responsible for the delivery of programs and services to support the community sporting sector to provide more inclusive participation opportunities.
- Designing, implementing and facilitating participation opportunities in sport and active recreation, through the engagement of people and communities that are underactive or inactive
- Building the capacity of sport and recreation providers – particularly clubs, in developing inclusive physical activity opportunities for specific demographics
- Promoting the benefits of welcoming, healthy and inclusive sport and recreation through advocacy and provision of information at all levels
- Strengthen ties between sporting clubs, leagues/associations, local councils, health promotion organisations and community groups.
- Supporting projects which promote inclusive opportunities for all members of the community, and embrace sustainability, collaboration, innovation and best practice project management.
- Pilot new club and league development initiatives based on the priorities of the sector.
- Advocate for clubs and leagues to consider new approaches and activities that support disadvantaged communities and under-represented cohorts.
View the Position Description Here
- Hold a relevant qualification and or have equivalent work experience as per the position description
- All applicants must be able to obtain a National Police Check
- All applicants must hold a current Working with Children Check or must successfully obtain one prior to commencing the position.
- All applicants must hold a current valid driver’s licence.
Valley Sport is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity across the sport and active recreation industry and we strongly encourage female and gender diverse applicants to apply.
Why Work With Us?
- We offer a flexible working environment that helps both parties strike the right work life balance
- We offer an Employee Assistance Program for all staff to access free of charge
- We also have multiple perks and discounts available for staff to utilise as an employee of Valley Sport
- We offer a supportive small team work environment that embraces technology to improve daily work
- We offer access to an annual professional development budget as well as supported attendance to many internal professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Applicants must submit by 5pm Monday March 27th, via email – firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Confidential – Project Officer Application” and must include the following to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Responses to the Key Selection Criteria
Further information regarding this position can be obtained by contacting David Quinn – Executive Officer on (03) 5831 8456 or by email at email@example.com