There is a lot going on around us but now more than ever it is vital to keep in touch with your club members just as it is your family and friends. Your club is just one of the many communities you are a part of, and we are all in this together.
Here are some helpful tips on how to stay connected.
1. If you are a club who communicates often to its members through emails and newsletters – keep this up OR give something new a try in these challenging times! Whilst we can’t connect physically at the moment, we can all still remain connected through the sports we love! Sport will be back so let’s keep the conversation going!
2. We encourage you to continue to hold your club committee meetings, we recommend trying to organise virtual meetings. Here are a few platforms which could help you stay connected:
3. Use social media. If you haven’t used it before, now is a good time to give it a practice run! There are many platforms which allow us to stay connected and social media plays a huge role in that. Remember to stay safe online and only use platforms you feel comfortable using. If you are using social media, you can use it to send updates to members and the broader sport community as well as continue to encourage your members to stay active. Here are a few platforms you could have a try at using:
- Club website
4. Coach and player connections – ways to keep active:
- Weekly team challenges via an online platform
- Group video chat on what would normally be a training or practice night
- Provide players with training sessions to do at home
5. Player profiles – Share through your email chains, newsletters, social media platforms or deliver a podcast on how your player members are keeping fit and active.
6. A Club history lesson – Share through your email chains, newsletters or social media platforms history about your club – past player profiles, club history, old uniforms photos etc.