Valley Sport offers local sporting clubs the opportunity to upskill members by providing them with their Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) qualification at a discounted price thanks to the Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s Good Sports Program.
Undertaking an RSA course gives participants the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to a safe and enjoyable local sporting club environment.
A Valley Sport delivered RSA course is tailored to local club situations, giving participants confidence in serving behind the bar within a sporting club setting. The course covers a range of topics including:
- problems associated with excessive consumption
- alcohol and the law
- the question of who is responsible for RSA
- facts about alcohol
- improving the atmosphere of your premises
- handling difficult customers.
Face-to-face RSA training is mandatory for licensees, bar staff and club volunteers offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences.
Participants will need to complete the approved RSA online refresher course within three years of completing their last RSA course to keep their qualification current and up to date.
- This course must be 4 hours in duration, including a final assessment
- The maximum number of participants per class is 25
- The RSA test is closed book
- Certificates will be mailed to the chosen postal destination of the participant within 20 business days of course completion
Registration and participation in this course is subject to Valley Sport’s Workshop Terms and Conditions
To make a booking in a Responsible Service of Alcohol Courses CLICK HERE