The Significant Sporting Events Program helps sporting, community and event organisations to deliver significant sporting events in Victoria.
Available Grants/Funding Categories
The Program has three types of grants available:
- Event Assistance Grants (up to $20,000) Available to event organisers seeking funding support to assist with general operational costs associated with hosting events.
- Event Development Grants (up to $150,000*) Available to develop or expand events, or for events with high operational costs
- Strategic Event Planning Grants (up to $20,000)
*Higher grant amounts may be available and will be considered on a case by case basis by Sport and Recreation Victoria.
The following organisations are eligible for funding:
- National sporting organisations
- State sporting associations
- Regional sports assemblies
- Local government authorities
- Sport conference organisers
- Local sporting clubs and associations
- Private event organisations
- Not for profit organisations
Please note – eligibility is subject to additional supporting documentation.
In addition, to be eligible for funding applicants must be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations)
possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be financially solvent.
How to apply?
For more information, please click here.
Applications close 30th June 2021.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact (03) 5831 8456 or email@example.com