The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund provides financial assistance to country football/netball clubs to improve the safety of their grounds, or provide added security for players, officials, and spectators.
Available Grants/Funding Categories
Clubs can apply for funding of up to $5000 of support to assist with occupational health and safety initiatives.
Funding is available for safety initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Equipment to be purchased by the Club that has the purpose of protecting the individual participants while actively engaged in the sport. (i.e. goal post padding, first aid kids, defibrillators, slip resistant flooring)
- Permanent or portable structures that provide shelter and or safety. (i.e. behind goal netting, shelter shed, shade sails, fireplace guards, fencing for walkways)
- Minor facility maintenance which presents an occupational health and safety hazard.
- All country clubs applications must provide evidence that a grant is needed to improve the safety of their grounds and surrounding buildings.
- Country clubs must show that they have the appropriate WorkSafe signage around the club and that there is an Occupational Health and Safety, or Risk Management Program being implemented.
- Clubs must provide supplier quotes demonstrating cost for safety improvements.
- To obtain a quote for goal posts, please contact Sian Wooldridge via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1300007452.
How to Apply
For more information, please click here.
Applications close: Sunday 9th of May.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact (03) 5831 8456 or email@example.com