Sporting opportunities for children are set to expand now that primary schools can apply for funding through the Australian Government’s $100 million Sporting Schools programme.
The Sporting Schools program for primary schools helps to provide a range of sporting programs that will increase children’s interest and participation in sport. Research shows that sport in schools can have a positive influence on lifelong participation trends for sport and physical activity.
Sporting Schools aims to:
– Improve children’s fundamental movement skills to encourage lifelong participation in physical activity
– Increase the awareness of the value of sport in schools
– Engage children in high quality sporting programs
– Connect children with sport in their local communities
– Develop the capability and capacity of sport to drive nationwide participation growth
Schools can find our further information on the Sporting Schools Program or apply for funding HERE