Valley Sport in partnership with the Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s Good Sports Program provide an industry-recognised Club Seminar course. This course is mandatory for sporting clubs who wish to secure a new liquor licence, change their current licence nominee or hope to vary or change the conditions on their current licence.
A Valley Sport delivered Club Seminar course is tailored to local club situations and covers a range of topics including:
- understanding the different types of liquor licences for clubs
- understanding the club rules and types of visitors
- understanding the supply of liquor to members under a licence
- understanding and interpreting a liquor licence
- understanding a red-line plan
- maintenance of sign-in registers
- displaying appropriate signage
- understanding responsible service of alcohol in licensed venues
- licence breaches
- Club Seminar training can be undertaken by club committee members in place of new entrant training in order to meet training requirements for restricted club licences and renewable limited club licences. Valley Sport offer seasonally run Club Seminar’s for community club members to attend. To find out more information on upcoming courses, or to make a booking CLICK HERE
Goulburn Valley sporting clubs also have the ability to host a private Club Seminar for their committee members to attend at a discounted rate in comparison to travelling to and attending a Melbourne based course, please Contact Us for a quote today.
- The course runs for a duration of 2 hours
- Club Seminars are available for restricted club and renewable limited club licence applicants only.
- Only members from clubs accredited through the Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s Good Sports Program are eligible to participate in a Club Seminar. (To check if your club is a Good Sports Club please contact the Valley Sport Office on (03) 5831 8456 or email email@example.com)
- Registration and participation in this course is subject to Valley Sport’s Workshop Terms and Conditions