Provide First Aid (HLTAID011) teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Successful completion of (HLTAID011) will award the participant with the following certificates.
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID011)
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (HLTAID010)
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID009)
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
The cost to complete Provide First Aid (HLTAID011) is $165.