Previously known as Apply first aid or Senior first aid, this training course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
This course covers the following topics in which you will also be assessed to:
- Locate and identify workplace policies and procedures
- Conduct a hazard assessment
- Demonstrate safe manual handling techniques
- Assess Airway, breathing and circulation
- Perform CPR
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Conduct a verbal secondary survey
- Manage allergic reactions
- Manage anaphylaxis
- Manage respiratory distress/asthma
- Control severe bleeding
- Manage burns
- Management of cardiac arrest
- Management of choking and airway obstruction
- Management of poisoning
- Management of fractures, sprains and strains
- Management of head injuries
- Management of shocked patient
- Complete a verbal report of incident
- Completion of incident, injury, trauma and illness record
A Prework component is required electronically. This component is to ensure that there is a basic understanding of First Aid Principals before attending the course. If you are unable to complete the prework component online, you may alternately request a hard copy by contacting us.
- This First Aid Course is 7 hours in duration
- This course requires pre-course reading and assessment that needs to be completed before the course.
- You should allow sufficient time to receive and complete course requirements before booking into course.
- Manual and Pre-course assessment will be sent to you immediately. Both of these should be brought to the course.
Registration and participation in this course is subject to Valley Sport’s Workshop Terms and Conditions
To make a booking in a first aid course CLICK HERE