The role of the President is to provide the principle leadership and responsibility for the
organisation and the Committee.
The President should:
- Be well informed of all organisation activities and able to provide oversight
- Be a person who can develop good relationships internally and externally
- Be forward thinking and committed to meeting the overall goals of the Club
- Have a good working knowledge of the Committee Constitution, rules and duties of office bearers
- Be able to work collaboratively with other Committee Members
- Be a good listener and attuned to the interests of members and other interest groups
- Be a good role model and a positive image for the Club in representing the Committee in other forums (e.g. league delegate meetings)
- Be a competent public speaker
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Chair Committee meetings ensuring that they are run efficiently and effectively
- Act as a signatory for the Club in all legal purposes and financial purposes
- Regularly focus the Committee’s attention on matters of Club governance that relate to its own structure, role and relationship to any paid employees
- Periodically consult with Committee members on their role, to see how they are going and help them to optimize their contribution
- Work with the Committee to ensure:
- The necessary skills are represented on the Committee and that a succession plan is in place to help find new Committee members when required
- Goals and relevant strategic and business plans are developed in order to achieve the goals of the Club.
- Work with the Executive to manage any paid employees of the Club including recruitment, retention, salary and performance reviews, etc.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Club when required
- Communicate regularly and systematically with the Presidents of the member Clubs, the league, association and or parent body
- Assist in the development of partnerships with sponsors, funding agencies, local and state government, shared facility users and organisations that are relevant to the goals of the Club.